Would you buy jeans from this man?

Posted on 8:26 AM, under

How did Levi's swing this?  Don't get me wrong.  I don't think it's a terrible ad. I would struggle to find something more American than Levi's and no arguing that the President is very American. So they seem like a natural fit (pun intended).  I was just unaware you could claim photos of the President to promote your product at whim.  And I haven't heard anything about Obama signing an endorsement deal. It got me thinking: maybe this is how we get this country out of debt.  We sell off the sponsorship of the president. So what are other presidential endorsements you could imagine? Bush's are probably obvious: Cowboy boots, pretzels, etc. Clinton's are way too obvious.  So what else?

edit post

3 Reply to "Would you buy jeans from this man?"

  • Anonymous on January 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM

    I'm pretty sure President Obama wouldn't be wearing Levi jeans. If I had to guess; a man of his intelligence, stature, and power, would be wearing Mavis.

     

    Kathy on January 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

    How about endorsing Blackberrys?
    He's suppose to be a techno guy isn't he?

     

    Brad Ruggles on January 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM

    Yeah, i wasn't aware that Levi's could use the President to endorse their product...unless the President, like his emails, is under the public domain?

    Gotta admit though, it probably is a good advertising move for Levis. Definitely lends some credibility to their ad.

    I agree with Kathy though, Blackberry doesn't even need Obama for ads. They've already gotten so much free press just from the news.