The difference 3 minutes can make.

Posted on 10:29 PM, under

Today sucked.

That's just honesty.

Discouragement was in the driver's seat and took me for a ride.

I don't know why. Frankly, most people would look at my day today and say it was fine if not moderately above average.

But for me it was rough.

Gray clouds and more gray clouds.

And then it happened.

I got home at 10 and there she was hiding in a closet waiting to surprise me.

The next 3 minutes were magic.

It was nothing more than putting her to bed. Praying a little prayer. A kiss. A hug. And then whispering the same 6 words into her ear that I whisper every night (sorry, those 6 words are our secret.)

I don't know what I would do without those 3 minutes with my 3-year-old girl who doesn't believe in gray days.

edit post

2 Reply to "The difference 3 minutes can make."

  • Krystle on February 10, 2010 at 10:32 PM

    She's the cutest girl in the world.

     

    Gabe ♥ Hannah on March 5, 2010 at 6:32 AM

    that is so sweet matt!