32 Ounces of Reality

Posted on 12:52 PM, under

For the past couple years, I've slowly been noticing signs that I am getting older.  For instance, I have no desire to "sleep in."  In fact, if I sleep past 8, I have an overwhelming feeling that I've wasted the day.  Or I really find it hard to hold back from yelling "slow down!" when a whipper snapper comes flying around the corner in his fast the furious prop car. But today, I ran across a really strange sign that maybe I'm not as young as I used to be.  I had a hard time finishing a Big Gulp. And not even the ridiculously large one.  The 32 ouncer.  Now, I've never been a big big gulp guy, but young dudes should be able to pound one without flinching.  I should have seen it coming though, because first of all it was a big gulp full of Coke Zero.  The idea that a big gulp can consist of diet pop must have Mr. Gulp (the inventor of the big gulp.  I assume it was named after him) rolling in his grave (I also assume he's dead, because...well, I don't know why.  I just do). In the end, I finished it, because there's no way I was going to let the big gulp win, but I learned something about myself today - it's probably time I started avoiding things with the word big, super, or gargantuan in their names.  

I know some of you guys are old.  What was the breaking point?.  Click comment and let me know when you knew you had officially turned the page towards geezerdom. 

edit post

4 Reply to "32 Ounces of Reality"

  • Rachel on July 6, 2008 at 5:35 PM

    There's this saying.... You know you're old when you bend down to tie your shoes and you think about what else you can do while you're down there... i don't know.. i just always thought that was funny.

     

    Gabe ♥ Hannah on July 7, 2008 at 6:39 PM

    i know i'm not "old" but i actually went and bought "anti-aging" collagen cream for my eyes....and then i thought... oh crap... i'm getting old! ha i guess i'm just an old 22 ;)

     

    We Love to Run! on July 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

    Life with Linda on July 10, 2008 at 6:47 PM

    When I was ....your age-ish....A kid on the street referred to me as "that lady"...instead of "that girl"....and I knew that i had crossed over into the "older peoples territory". In the eyes of children...lumped into the catagory with all other grownups up to the age of 100